Disclaimer

The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or The Gambian Government.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Meet Abdulie Quiateh

Two weeks ago a baby boy was born in my neighboring compound.  After the naming ceremony (Pembugal) the little one was named Abdulie, which makes him my second tokara (a person who shares your name) born since I have arrived in Seno Bajonki.  I am enjoying my last couple of full weeks in village before I'll be traveling in country for trainings and workshops.  Next month I will be running for the regional position within the LRR for Peace Corps The Gambia's Volunteer Anti-Malaria task force, which I am excited for that potential opportunity.  My work at the Seno Bajonki Lower Basic School continues to be a delight between classroom observations, data analysis, and collaboration with the village leadership on the development of a Community Library and Learning Center (CLLC).  Within the next couple of weeks we will begin fundraising effort in village and with local business men and women within the greater Soma area.  More details about the CLLC will be in my next post.  I hope that this message greets you well wherever you may be.  Enjoy the pictures of little Abdulie and his family!!





No comments:

Post a Comment