Disclaimer

The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or The Gambian Government.

Friday, November 27, 2015

A Week of Celebrations

Life here in The Gambia is starting to cool off a bit (I'm sleeping under a blanket now for the first time since my arrival in June).  This past week the Seno Bajonki Lower Basic School celebrated its 3rd birthday with a program that was well attended by both students and members througout the community (pictures 1-3 below).  I also had the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving with my Gambian family (picture 4 below).  We had a feast of benechin, chicken, potatoes, onions, bread, juice, and cookies that was also shared with the teachers at school.  I also learned that a newborn within the community was named Carol, after my mom in the United States!! One of my newly found favorite parts to my day is putting my little siblings to bed in the evening after dinner.  I really am blessed to undergo my Peace Corps journey with my Gambian family at my side.  I hope that this message greets you well.  Thank you so much for all of your support.  It means the world to me!!







2 comments: