Disclaimer

The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or The Gambian Government.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

The End of Training Draws Near

The last few weeks have certainly been an adventure.  Between model school, our field trip to the Gambian Teachers' College in Jan Jan Bureh, my successful recovery from dysentery (check that off the bucket list), and my three day site visit to Seno Bajonki (where I will live during my two years of service) I have had a full schedule.  This upcoming week I will have my final language test, which I am confident I will pass at the intermediate high level, as well as the marathon march through the bush before I leave next Sunday for Kombo  in preparation for my swear-in on August 12th as an official Peace Corps Volunteer.  The pictures below are of some of my family members of whom I have been living with during training.  Happily I will not be moving far (only 4 kilometers), so I will be able to see them through out my service.  Wishing you all the best wherever you are reading this.






1 comment:

  1. Hello Stephen, Great to hear from you. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Take care. Love Always, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete