Disclaimer

The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or The Gambian Government.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Abdulie Jallow - Seno Bajonki

Greetings all!!  With a new village (Seno Bajonki) comes a new host family whose surname has now become my own.  So, for the duration of my Peace Corps Service my name is now Abdulie Jallow.  My host family consists of my host father Cherno, my host mothers Howa and Isata, and my younger siblings Malik (age 7), Isata (age 5), Biran (age 4), Abu (age 2), and Lamin (age 1 1/2).  Seno Bajonki is surrounded by a vast amount of trees and fields for farming.  School will begin at the end of September, so most of my day is spent meeting people through out the community and spending time with my host family.  Photos will be soon follow of the village, my host family, and my compound.  I wish you all the best as fall is around the corner back in the U.S.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephen!! I hope things are going well this month with your new community in the Gambia. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete