Disclaimer

The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or The Gambian Government.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Adventures of Abu and Lamin Lamin

As I believe I have previously mentioned I have five younger siblings in my compound the youngest of which are Abu and Lamin (whom is now commonly called Lamin Lamin), both of which are now two years old.  One of my great joys is to watch these two little ones chase livestock that saunter into the compound with great gusto.  It was recently that this warrior-like behavior hit its crowing achievement.  Abu and Lamin Lamin shooed away a full grown male cow. Pictures of all parties involved are pictured below.  I am in a transition phase in my service as one of my mentors and closest friends within Peace Corps, Jacy, is now in the process of heading back to the United States after a successful two and a half year service.  I am thankful that I have such a great support network within my host family, school staff, Peace Corps The Gambia, and friends and family back in the States that ease this transition time in my service.  If you are reading this and would be interested in a Skype chat I will be available to video chat February 5-8 while I am in the capital area for a few days. Stay amazing!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Stephen,

    I am feeling better - please keep me in your prayers. Dad, Michelle and I look forward to skyping with you soon. Love Always, Mom

    ReplyDelete